MED Programme 2007-2013
The program MED transnational cooperation 2007-2013
The Transnational Cooperation Programme 2007-2013 MED allows Mediterranean actors to extend and deepen the cooperation process initiated during the Interreg III B Medocc.
Its main objectives are to:
- Improving the competitiveness of the space to ensure growth and employment for future generations (Lisbon strategy).
- The promotion of territorial cohesion and environmental protection in a sustainable development (Gothenburg strategy).
Med program gives particular importance to projects of strategic nature, which may help solve the challenges facing the regions of southern Europe. Of specific offers calls can be arranged to encourage the emergence of these projects.
In general, there is no question of leaving projects to exchange experiences or studies the prominence they held over the period 2000-2006. Instead, be privileged truly transnational and concrete projects.
Four priority areas were approved:
- Axis 1: Strengthening innovation capacities
- Axis 2: Protection of the environment and promotion of a sustainable territorial development
- Axis 3: Improving mobility and territorial accessibility
- Priority 4: Promotion of a polycentric and integrated development of the Med space